Reflections of start up life - weeks 1 to 10
Since early May we have been working flat out on our Agile Project Management product BrixHQ. To sum up BrixHQ in one sentence 'Brix makes online Agile Project Management and Collaboration easy.'
To introduce the team behind BrixHQ there is Pete Sanders and Scott Montgomerie. Pete's based in Sydney Australia and does all of the business side including; Scott's based in Alberta, Canada and does all of the technical side of the business.
Some of the core features that we decided were had to have are;
- Brix is a flexible and adaptable online solution to manage your agile projects
- Team collaboration across Tasks and Projects all in an online environment
- Kanban wall components include visual workflow management across Projects and Sprints including Adding and Editing Tasks from the Wall
- Track your Projects velocity, Tasks by Team Member, Tasks by Status, and Red flags against tasks that are overdue
- Project Reporting that you can customise and filter based on what you need
We are using Ruby on Rails as our development langugage/platform Outside of our core design and development we have outsourced the creation of our logo and web design. We found the designers on 99Designs.com for the logo and we're using Linode for our hosting.